The Upper Dauphin Area Trojan Educational Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization that receives its funding through the following methods:
- Donations from community members and alumni
- Donations from businesses
- Estate Bequests
- Sponsoring the Trick or Trot (beginning in 2017)
- Sponsoring the Trojan Legacy Awards Dinner, and
- Additional Fundraisers (Being Developed).
General donations to the Upper Dauphin Area Trojan Educational Foundation are split between the three main programs based on a formula approved by the Foundation Board of Directors.
The formula for general donations and general fundraisers are as follows:
- 32%: Impact Now Mini-Grants Program
- 32%: Trojan Legacy Award Program
- 32%: Building for Tomorrow Program
- 4%: Administrative Costs and Alumni Awards Program.
For example, for a $100 donation, $32 would go towards the Impact Now Program, $32 would go towards the Trojan Legacy Award Program and $32 would go toward the Building for Tomorrow Program. $4 would be available for administrative costs and the Alumni Awards Program.